Sensor Flight Testing
Airborne sensors require flight testing to prove that they meet performance requirements. SDL maintains an aircraft test fleet specifically designed to support precision sensor testing and validation. These aircraft can be configured to support various power, processing, and communications requirements, including tactical data links and pilot guidance equipment.
- Access controlled 80’ x 70’ hangar facility at the Logan Cache Airport
- Two Cessna Skymaster O-2 manned aircraft
- Handles payloads up to 450 lbs and 2 kW
- 22 U of rack space
- Four wing hardpoints for sensor installation
- Underbelly mounts for sensor installation
- Inline twin engines for stable flight
- GPS/INS available
SDL’s EyePod is an intelligent, geo-aware, day/night-stabilized imaging sensor system for deployment aboard Group III unmanned aircraft systems.
Fusion, Exploitation, Algorithm, Targeting High-Altitude Reconnaissance
Under the FEATHAR program, SDL developed enhanced integrated multi‐intelligence sensor systems and fusion processing algorithms for multiple‐networked ISR platforms to identify, geo‐locate, and track enemy targets.
Rapid Processing & Display Software
SDL’s Slingshot software enables rapid, integrated development of a customized screener using standard interfaces.