Because 3D printing has such a quick turn around and low production cost, it is becoming a valuable fabrication asset for most industries. SDL uses 3D printing for conceptualization, prototyping, and end-item products.
- Lower cost and no material waste
- Faster than subtractive processing
- Less set up time
- Parts can be constructed unattended
- Creates parts in ABS plastic
- Resolution (=finish) and density (=strength) can be optimized for each application
- Multiple material colors available
- ABS parts can be sanded and painted to enhance presentation quality
- Creates parts that fit within a 10x10x12 cube (parts larger than this size can be divided into portions that fit within the cube and then bonded together)
- Expands design possibilities; access for cutting tools is no longer a limitation
Ionospheric Connection Explorer
NASA’s Ionospheric Connection Explorer (ICON) mission will explore how both terrestrial and space weather affect conditions in the ionosphere.
Precision Weapons Platform
PWP is remotely-operated, state-of-the-art, lightweight stabilized pointing system.
Compact Eye-safe Lidar System
CELiS is a small, eye-safe lidar system designed to monitor particulate matter (PM) generated from vehicle traffic, agriculture, or industrial sources. It can also be used to monitor air quality.
Ogden Data Device-Ethernet Crypto
SDL redesigned the Navy’s cross-platform Micro Module Interface Device (MicroMID) ground station to provide a low-cost replaceable unit with enhanced performance and Ethernet connectivity.